International Monetary Fund. 2019. Global Financial Stability Report: Lower for Longer. Washington, DC, October.
The October 2019 Global Financial Stability Report at a Glance
Key Vulnerabilities in the Global Financial System
* Rising corporate debt burdens
* Increasing holdings of riskier and more illiquid assets by institutional investors
* Greater reliance on external borrowing by emerging and frontier market economies
What Should Policymakers Do?
* Address corporate vulnerabilities with stricter supervisory and macroprudential oversight
* Tackle risks among institutional investors through strengthened oversight and disclosures
* Implement prudent sovereign debt management practices and frameworks