Elizabeth Mannette, a Harvard-educated, former Senator in the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago, provides legal and government relations advice to companies seeking to enter the energy sector in Trinidad and Tobago. She is a former legal advisor to the Government of Trinidad and Tobago on major energy projects, including Atlantic LNG Train 4, petrochemical, metals and power projects.
Her key strengths:
- Experience in advising on the legal, regulatory and policy implications of energy projects, and structuring project and commercial agreements, joint venture arrangements, management contracts and supply and offtake agreements;
- Ability to ensure international companies understand and work with host government’s objectives;
- Effective at building relationships with Government Ministers, public officials and regulators;
- Strong personal presence, effective speaker and communicator.
- Advisor to developer of US $1.3 billion petrochemical project incorporating syngas refinery, ammonia, methanol and downstream options;
- Legal advisor to joint venture partner in Aluminium smelter and rod, wire and cable plants to be established in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Advisor to joint venture partner in full value chain LNG project proposed to the Government of Trinidad and Tobago