Contribute papers to OGEL
- Energy Law and Policy in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Editors: Prof. A.F.M. Maniruzzaman & Yanal Abul-Failat
- Emerging Issues in Polar Energy Law and Governance
Editor: Dr. Tina Hunter
- Planned: see call for papers for info.
We invite all those with an interest in oil, gas and energy law and regulation and other energy markets related issues to contribute articles to OGEL. We are looking for a range of contributions including practical comments on recent developments, in-depth contributions on issues of topical concern, and longer, scholarly articles which add to an understanding of these fields. We also welcome notes and articles on primary legal and regulatory materials, book reviews and opinion pieces. As a rule, submissions of scholarly articles will be subject to a peer review.
We regularly have special editions of OGEL, sometimes in cooperation with guest editors, where we invite a range of authors to address different aspects of a contemporary topic.
Our call for papers section features the topics that we will address in the near and longer term. If you would like to contribute to one of these, or to suggest a topic that is of interest to the community then please do contact us.
For further information please email us at .
Our audiences are world-wide and include professional firms, corporations, NGOs, Government departments, and universities. Your contributions are thus assured of a wide readership of those interested in these areas.
OGEL offers professional firms the opportunity to lead edit and co-sponsor special issues on particular topics of particular interest to the professional competencies and profile of the firm, the special issue editor and to the contributors.
Article submission guidelines:
- Written in MS Office Word
- Checked for Spelling & Grammar
- Please use standard legal citation methods using footnotes (not endnotes)
- Include an executive summary of the article (150-200 words) to the beginning of the paper
- As an online publication we can publish articles of any length, from a fairly short comment on recent developments to full length academic papers or reports of hundreds of pages incl. Annexes. Minimum word count: 5000+.
- Do not include a table of contents unless your paper exceeds 100 pages.
- A4 page size, 1" or 25.4 mm margins (top, bottom, left, right), no artistic borders on page.
- Page number position: Footer, Bottom right, Right Align
- Title of Paper: Times New Roman, 16 Points, Bold, Title Case, Left Align. (Also known as "headline style" and "capital case" - reference)
- Name of Author(s): Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italics, Left Align. Name(s) can be supported by footnotes to include author's designation and contact details.
- Abstract Text: Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italics, Justify
- Heading Level 1 (Main Heading): Times New Roman, 14 Points, Bold, Left Align
- Heading Level 2 (Sub-Heading): Times New Roman, 13 Points, Italics, Left Align
- Heading Level 3 & more (under Sub-Heading): Times New Roman, 12 Points, Italic, Left Align
- Main Text: Times New Roman, 12 Points, Justify, Single Line Spacing
- Footnotes Text: Times New Roman, 10 Points, Justify, Single Line Spacing
Sample articles are available on request.
For your author profile, also provide:
- Your full name & title
- Your Company, University or Organization name
- Website address
- E-mail address (only visible for registered readers)
- 150-200 words on your own/your firm's professional services provided, expertise, competence...
- A digital photo (if you wish)
Examples of OGEL Author profiles can be found here.
We offer an electronic version of the traditional "off-prints" to individual authors / contributors. Contributing authors are welcome to circulate this electronic off-print to colleagues, clients and professional contacts. Each author will receive their electronic "off-prints" after publication of the OGEL issue involved.