Professor Wettestad is a Senior Research Fellow at the Fridtjof Nansen Institute (FNI)
- Full professor competence (Forsker 1), 2005
- Cand. polit., University of Oslo (political science, sociology, history), 1984.
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Climate Policy journal (Since 2001).
- Coordinator of the EU-financed Concerted Action Programme on the Effectiveness of International Environmental Agreements and EU Legislation (1999-2000).
- Associate Fellow, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) (1994-96).
- Visiting Scholar, Institute for International Studies, Berkeley (1993).
- Involved in several international research evaluations.
Main research interests
EU energy, climate and environmental politics, and implications for and links to Norway. Specific empirical focus on climate and air pollution politics. The design and functioning of emissions trading systems. Regime theory and theory on EU politics, including questions related to the effectiveness and design of international environmental institutions.