Assistant Professor and a Senior Researcher at the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC), Tilburg Law School (the Netherlands).
Dr. Marhold's specializations are International and European Energy Law and Regulation, International Economic Law, World Trade Organization (WTO) and International Trade Law.
Dr. Marhold is particularly interested in EU Energy Policy and its interaction with WTO obligations; energy and environmental regulation in Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs) and megaregional agreements, especially TTIP; the future of the Energy Charter Treaty; the OPEC cartel; law and economics approaches to energy regulation; the energy transition; access to supplies and natural resources; public goods; regulation of network industries; squaring energy security with sustainable development and consumer protection; regulation of transit of energy; the Energy Community Treaty and European external energy relations, particularly with the European Neighborhood.
- 2016) Ph.D Law (EUI)
- 2012) LL.M Comparative, European and International Laws (EUI)
- 2010) LL.M International and European Law: Trade and Investment (UvA)
- 2010) M.A Russian Language and Culture: Russian Literature (UvA)
- 2009) LL.B Laws (Nederlands Recht) (UvA)
- 2007) B.A. Slavic Languages and Cultures: Russian (UvA)
Grants and Fellowships
- 2015) Marie Curie Early Stage Research Fellow (EU 7th Framework Programme)
DISSETTLE: Dispute Settlement in Trade: Training in Law and Economics, Visiting Research Fellow, the Graduate Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2013-2014) EU US Fulbright-Schuman Grant (US Department of State & EU Commission)
Visiting scholar at NYU School of Law, New York, USA
- 2011-2015) Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC)
Four-year scholarship to conduct fully funded PhD Research at the European University Institute in Florence (EUI), Florence, Italy
Languages: fluent in English, Dutch, Czech and Russian.