Deputy Secretary to the Government of Bangladesh, Law and Justice Division, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Bangladesh.
- PhD in Law of the Sea and Ocean Governance, Western Sydney University, Australia, 2017.
- Master of Laws (LLM), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 2001.
- Member, Bangladesh Judicial Service, September 2005 - Present
- Research Associate, School of Law, Western Sydney University, 2013-2017.
- Associate Lawyer, Hassan & Associates, 65 Motijheel, Dhaka, 2001-2005.
- Adjunct Lecturer, School of Law, Notre Dame University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 2019-
- Adjunct Senior Research Fellow, International Centre for Ocean Governance (BICOG), Department of Oceanography, Dhaka University, Bangladesh, 2017-
- Expert Speaker, Judicial Administration and Training Institute, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2018-
- Examiner, Judicial Service Commission, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2018-
- Visiting Research Fellow, International Centre for Ocean Governance, Western Sydney University, Australia, Nov 2017-Nov 2019.
Important Awards and Prizes
- School of Law Research Scholarship, January-June Session 2016, Western Sydney University, Australia.
- Australian Leadership Award, 2012 for undertaking PhD research in the University of Western Sydney.
- Australian Development Scholarship, 2012 intake for Higher Degree Research.
Scientific Focus Areas
Law of the sea and sustainable ocean governance; Marine resources conservation and biodiversity beyond national jurisdiction; Climate change and its effect on the law of the sea; Blue economy and sustainable governance of marine resources; Marine spatial planning and issues of joint development; Equitable distribution of the common heritage of mankind; Maritime delimitation and equitable settlement of maritime boundary disputes; and maritime security.
Key Management Experience
Deputy Secretary to Bangladesh Government, Chief Judicial Magistrate: Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2018- February 2020; Project designer and negotiator: Capacity building project of the judges of subordinate courts through higher education and training in abroad, Law and Justice Division, 2016; Member: Bangladesh Judicial Service, 2005- present; Research Associate, School of Law, Western Sydney University, Australia, 2013-2017; Member: Environment Cluster, School of LawSenior Assistant Secretary, Law and Justice Division, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Bangladesh, 2011-2012; Panel legal advisor: Chittagong Port Authority, Bangladesh, 2002-2005; Member, Bangladesh Bar Council, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2001-2005; Member: International Law Association (ILA), American Branch (Since 2014); Member: American Society of International Law, American Branch (Since 2014).
LLM Supervision: As a primary supervisor currently supervising 8 LLM students in various aspects of law of the sea, ocean governance: climate change, and maritime delimitation.