Sept. 2010 to date: State Attorney, Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs, Directorate of First Parliamentary Counsel, Government of the Republic of Uganda.
- Reviewing current legislation for possible amendment;
- Drafting legislation for the Government of Uganda, for example involved in drafting of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act, 2013, the Petroleum (Refining Conversion, Transmission and Midstream Storage) Act, 2013 and Regulations made under the said laws; Involved in drafting the National Environment Bill and the National Oil Spill Contingency Plan for Uganda;
- Advising the Attorney General and Government institutions on legislative drafting issues and Parliamentary law and procedure;
- Offering legal advice to the Governments and its allied institutions;
- Writing legal commentaries to bills to guide proper interpretation. Such commentaries include explanatory Memoranda to introduce bills to Cabinet and Parliament, explanatory notes to guide Parliament in understanding complex bills; commentaries to guide the interpretation of laws etc;
- Preparing policy documents for Government and translating them into legislation;
- Writing legal opinions and carrying out consultations on proposed legislation; and
- Advising on and domesticating international conventions.