Catherine Jago has over 33 years experience in the commercial side of the oil and shipping industry. She is an Arbitrator, as well as Expert Witness, in the fields of oil and commodity pricing, trading, hedging and shipping. With her particular expertise in commodity risk management issues, including hedging, derivatives trading and issues around quantum, combined with her legal training, she can bring experience as an expert and add strength to an arbitral panel, or act as a single arbitrator, in oil and commodity trading and shipping disputes, and in more general commercial matters.
- Over 33 years experience in the commercial side of the oil industry involved with pricing, trading, shipping and hedging including as an oil trader, oil broker, oil pricing journalist and consultant.
- Called to Bar 1997 by The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Over 29 years experience as a respected expert witness on oil and commodity trading, pricing, hedging and shipping matters including piracy, fraud, breach of contract and other contractual disputes, insurance claims, contamination, ship building, refining, industry practice, hedging losses/gains, pricing clauses, oil valuation.
- Party appointed expert in oil pricing disputes.
- Lecturer on trading and risk management to companies worldwide including South America, Middle East, Europe, Far East, and Africa.
- Member of LMAA, LCIA, SCMA, GCCIG Arbitral Institutions.
- Written books, and delivered papers and presentations on oil trading, pricing, credit control and hedging including a paper on the Impact of Hedging on Damages at ICMA Copenhagen 2017 as well as to many firms of solicitors worldwide including London, Geneva, Oslo, Singapore and Hong Kong.