Luke Burns is a member of the firm's Global Projects Practice, where he counsels both domestic and foreign companies and private equity firms on a broad range of energy related transactions and projects. Mr. Burns' practice focuses on acquisitions and divestitures of onshore and offshore upstream oil and gas assets, farmouts and other development arrangements, and both large-scale and small-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects.
Following graduation from law school, Mr. Burns served as a law clerk to the Honorable Andrew S. Hanen of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.Education
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School 2011 magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law
- Certificate in Business and Public Policy, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award
- B.A., University of Richmond 2006