Article from: OGEL 2 (2007), in Geopolitics of Energy
In this presentation the following topics are addressed:
- The Caspian is part of the Gulf-Dominated World Oil Industry
- Most of the World's Oil is in the Gulf and in Muslim Countries
- Is Disengagement from the Gulf Practical?
- How is Oil seen in Muslim producing countries?
- Deep Frustration in Muslim World
- Muslim Resentment of the West
- Risk for Security of Supply
- Diversification away from Oil - Feasible?
- Implication for the Caspian
- Overall Policy Recommendations