Call for Papers: OGEL special issue on "Brexit and its Regulatory, Political, and Economic Impact on the North Sea and Global Oil and Gas Markets"
31 August 2016
Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence (OGEL, ISSN 1875-418X) invites submissions for a special issue on "Brexit and its Regulatory, Political, and Economic Impact on the North Sea and Global Oil and Gas Markets". The guest editor for this special issue will be Dr. Anas Alhajji, Managing Partner at Energy Outlook Advisors in Texas, United States.
While Brexit's impact is most visible on the political and economic fronts, the regulatory and legislative changes required are massive, and could be the most difficult part of the process. The political, economic, and regulatory changes will have a significant impact on the energy sector of the UK, and probably some EU members. Given the significant role that the UK plays in energy production and consumption, Brexit is expected to have an impact on global energy markets.
Papers in this special issue investigate the legal, political, and economic impact of Brexit on the energy markets within and outside the UK with emphasis on the regulatory and legislative changes needed for a successful Brexit.
Potential topics related to the Brexit impact on energy markets include:
- What is the legal, political, economic, social and environmental impact of Brexit on the UK Energy sector? (Each could be a paper on its own. The topics could be divided be sectors too: oil, gas, electricity, nuclear, coal, and renewables).)
- What is the Impact of Brexit on energy policy of the UK?
- What is the impact of Brexit on the renewable energy sector in the UK?
- What is the impact of Brexit on the EU energy markets?
- What is the impact of Brexit on the EU energy market regulation?
- What is the impact of Brexit on global energy markets?
- Will Brexit change the regulatory and fiscal regimes affecting investment in the North Sea? What are the changes needed in the tax and fiscal regimes to attract investment?
- Who are the winners and losers in the energy markets from Brexit?
- What is the impact of Brexit on the labor force in the North Sea and The UK energy markets?
- What are the regulatory and legislative changes needed to have a sound energy policy in the UK?
Submission deadline for proposals December 2016. More information on OGEL's Submission Guidelines here: www.ogel.org/contribute.asp
Please send all submissions to Anas Alhajji, OGEL Moderator:
Feel free to forward this call for papers to colleagues who may be interested in contributing to the special issue.
More news in the archive.