Vitalii Martyniuk: Vice-president of the Center for Global Studies "Strategy XXI" (since 2009), a Kiyv-based think tank specializing in energy security affairs; Foreign policy expert of the Ukrainian Centre for Independent Political Research (since 2007), a Kiyv-based think tank specializing in domestic and foreign policy studies. Recently he has been specializing on EU energy policies, including security of supply. As director of the analytic project on the EU Eastern Partnership, recently he has been specializing on the Eastern dimension of the EU Foreign Policy and EU-Ukraine relations.
He has worked as an expert of different projects on European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine. Last year he was Senior Expert of the Project "NATO's Political Transformation and Further Enlargement Strategy. Challenges and Perspectives for Ukraine".
Recent relevant publications include:
- "The impact of Nord Stream, South Stream on the gas transit via Ukraine and security of gas supplies to Ukraine and the EU" (together with Michael Gonchar and Andriy Chubyk), Finland, 2009;
- "Beyond the Russian-Georgian conflict: prospects of Ukrainian integration to NATO and EU", Slovakia, 2009;
- "The South-East Direction of Gas Supply to the EU: Ukrainian Prospects", Kyiv, Ukraine, 2008.
- "Ukraine's Euro-Integration in the Light of EU-Russia Relations", Ukrainian Centre for Independent Political Research, Kyiv, 2007;
- " Ukraine Gradually Loses Energy Transit Opportunities ", Ukrainian Centre for Independent Political Research, Kyiv, 2007;
- "Clash of Interests of World Poles: Three Variants for Ukraine", Ukrainian Centre for Independent Political Research, Kyiv, 2007.