- Vladimir Gladyshev has graduated with honors from the International Law department of the Moscow Institute of International affairs in 1981.
- 1981-1989: work at the Treaty and Legal department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, with responsibilities for law of the sea, delimitation, the Arctic, Antarctica.
- 1989-1994: posted to the Soviet, then Russia embassy in Madrid, Spain.
- 1994-2011: private law practice in Moscow, Russia. Represented large foreign companies (Procter and Gamble in aprox. 200 cases, PWC, Bristol Myers Squibb, Asahi Glass Company, etc) in tax, customs, currency control litigation.
- Council, expert witness in a number of treaty and contract based investment arbitrations.
- Currently lives and practices in London, UK.
- Russian degree of Doctor of International Law (Kandidat yuridicheskikh nauk).