John Gault SA is a consulting firm based in Geneva which serves the oil, natural gas, and electric utility industries, including corporate clients, state-owned companies and government ministries. The firm's services include:
- development of negotiation strategies;
- recommendation of corporate structures to improve performance and strengthen financial controls;
- evaluation and design of fiscal regimes, contracts and tax systems;
- negotiation of exploration and production agreements;
- preparation of short, medium and long term market projections for oil, natural gas and other fuels;
- review of clients' economic forecasting systems;
- presentation of expert testimony in legal proceedings;
- publication of regular reports on oil markets and the policies of oil exporting countries; and
- presentation of private seminars.
Dr. John C. Gault, President of John Gault SA, served as Managing Director, IEDConsultants SA and Chief Economist of the International Energy Development Corporation (IEDC) group, now part of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation. Prior to joining IEDC in Geneva in 1982, Dr. Gault was affiliated with the Boston-based energy consulting firm of Jensen Associates, Inc. In a career spanning more than twenty years, Dr. Gault has advised clients in the Middle East, Europe, Japan, and North and South America on a wide variety of commercial and public policy issues. Dr. Gault is a graduate of Yale University and holds a PhD in Economics and Middle Eastern Studies from Harvard. He has taught economics at the American University of Beirut and Bir Zeit University (West Bank), and is the author of numerous publications concerning taxation and fiscal systems, government price regulation, the economics of exhaustible resources, the politics of international oil trade, and methods of designing appropriate contractual terms. Dr. Gault also co-founded the Montreux Energy series of international conferences.