Head of Research
- 2005: Co-Founder of the arrhenius Institute
- 2000-2003: Co-worker on projects of the "Energy Concept Future" of the Hamburg Electricity Works (Hamburgischen Electricitšts-Werke, HEW)
- 2000-2006: Researcher at the Hamburg Institute for International Economics (Hamburgischen Welt-Wirtschafts-Archiv, HWWA)
- 2004: Doctorate in environmental economics of the University of Hamburg Topic: "On the Design of the International Climate regime"
- 2000: Diploma as economic engineer of the Technical University Hamburg-Harburg